Thor’s Hammer is a huge recycled timber yard, sawmill and joinery in Canberra with a professional design team. Whether you need a family dining table, or a full commercial fit out, Thor’s has the experience and resources to help.
Thor Diesendorf learnt to turn old house roof timbers into furniture in the early 90s. On demolition sites he saw high quality seasoned hardwoods smashed for landfill and started Thor’s Hammer to turn wasted timber into something valuable.
Over the next 25 years recycled timber swung slowly into vogue. Rustic finishes, weathering and bolt holes became sought after features, and Thor added more and more crew to cope with demand. The team now includes designers, machinists and fully qualified joiners and cabinetmakers to help your ideas come to life.
Thor’s Hammer specialises in:
– Recycled timber furniture including tables, benchtops, doors, beds and cabinetry, all designed and manufactured in the Canberra workshop.
– Re-milled flooring and decking from structural hardwoods with a range of finishes from rustic to clean dressed.
– Cladding profiles like shiplap weatherboards and lining boards from recycled hardwoods.
– Recycled posts and beams in original condition or wire brushed, sanded, re-sawn or dressed to your specifications.
– Bar, restaurant and commercial fit outs including furniture, bar tops and decorating features.
Thor’s is well known in Canberra but work can also be delivered interstate. Talk to the sales office to see what’s possible.
Finally, Thor’s Hammer walks the talk when it comes to sustainability. The workshop runs energy efficient machinery and electric forklifts supplemented by solar energy. Glues and finishes are carefully chosen for non toxic ingredients and easy maintenance. Sawdust is collected and pressed into clean burning, no-additive fire briquettes. And the new premises has a gallery space for community events. This is a business that works hard to contribute to a healthier future.
When you’re working with recycled timber it’s a long journey from old beam to silky-smooth tabletop. Building strip outs, transport, de-nailing, machining, joining, polishing… choosing the right collaborators can make a huge difference to the workload. Thor’s Hammer has tonnes of amazing recycled timber and the people and machinery to make it shine.