Among the Trees is a recycled timber store, wood workshop and resource hub in inner west Sydney. You’ll find used timber for sale, and experienced help for large and small timber projects.
Magic happens when like minds pull together. Among the Trees started with four woodwork and design professionals who were tired of seeing old growth and rare timbers sent to landfill. Sara, Peter, Luke and Liz decided to open an all-access workspace where everyone could source amazing, sustainable timbers and learn how to use them.
The Marrickville warehouse now provides:
– Recycled timber supplies including slabs, posts, beams, flooring, decking, skirting, framing, panels, palings, thins, veneer, plywood sheets, blocks, dowel and all kinds of smalls.
– DIY workshops using reclaimed timber and beautifully restored second-hand tools. Classes up to 10 students, bookings through Sydney Community College.
– A large timber and woodworking library.
– A drop off point for reusable timber and tool donations (by appointment, see the website for details).
– Studio and workshop spaces for lease to creatives with a sustainable focus.
Recycled timber has many faces. Among the Trees can help you find weathered and rustic pieces, or suitable lengths resurfaced as new. To make things ultra easy they offer custom machining and gluing. Have timber squared and cut to size. Or get help with bigger jobs like bulk cut parquetry flooring or glue-ups for tables and benchtops.
Architects, designers, renovators and beginner woodworkers are all encouraged and supported at Among the Trees. The premises is listed on Zero Barriers and welcomes the LGBTQ community and people living with disabilities.
Among the Trees is a community minded business that fills the gap between big commercial timber yards and home DIY. Get your project started with friendly advice, a wide range of sustainable timbers, and expert processing tools.